Re: Loading data usng External Tables

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:48:35 +0200

Kevin,
I cannot give you any numbers, but I've surely seen much better performance
when loading from fixed format files.

If I got some time today, I'll do some tests and get back to you.

rgds

On 8/29/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        >George,
        >you can parallel either format (csv or fixed length),
        >Fixed length is much faster as the system will not have to scan
the data to find out the ',' to delimit each field.

...have you measured how much faster, or are you basing this
on principle? I perform huge, high end loads from external tables
and have achieved as much as 250,000/sec per CPU with variable length.