RE: A VLDB contest

  • From: "Luca Canali" <Luca.Canali@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:29:26 +0200

Hi Kevin,

From my largest DB:

POOL         NAME                            BYTES
------------ -------------------------- ----------
shared pool  ASM extent pointer array    185352360

I imagine this memory is strictly related to X$KFFXP, correct me if I am
wrong.

Thanks,
L.

PS:
From the same DB:

SQL> select sum(TOTAL_MB) from  v$asm_diskgroup_stat;

SUM(TOTAL_MB)
     24398576

Does this mean that Oracle is using on average 9 bytes per extent ?