RE: Listener is stopping !

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:27:20 -0800 (PST)

Been there done that.......

  You are running out of virtual bytes on Windows...

  Are you using the 3G switch?  If not this is the first thing you should do.

  beware of using the /PAE switch others have reported memory leaks using this
up to and including 9.2.0.6 not sure if it is fixed in 9.2.0.7 or beyond.  You
take a performance hit to with /PAE I understand.

  Also use DCD in sqlnet.ora to get of old windows connections.

  We used orastack to reduce the connections from 1M to 700M and that is buying
us some time.

  Else Oracle recommends that you upgrade to 10g or use windows 64.

walid alkaakati <walid_alkaakati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Again .

  When the dbase hangs the  listener.log file shows the following errors :

  TNS-12547: TNS:lost contact
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00517: Lost contact
   32-bit Windows Error: 54: Unknown error
    TNS-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process
     TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

  After i serached about   window error 54 i found it is a network error ,also
the error may be from  swap space and virtual memory ( number of semaphores...)
i will increase these and monitor performace event log.

  Oracle version 9.2.0.4.0   on window  nt 2000 .

  Can any of you add another suggestions ?

  Thnaks

"Best, David" <David.Best@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Are you running out of memory on the server?