Re: Linux ssh Logon error prompt

  • From: Justin Mungal <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chinedui@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 05:49:47 -0600

The error indicates, to me at least, that there is some kind of problem
with the Bash shell executable. Have you confirmed that /bin/bash actually
exists? Are the permissions of the executable set correctly? Here's how
they look on an OL6 VM I have running:

[root@12cR1EE ~]# ls -l /bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 903272 Dec 19  2012 /bin/bash

-Justin