Linux ssh Logon error prompt

  • From: Ndidi Ibeachum <chinedui@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:31:07 +0100

Dear Gurus;
I have a problem I stumbled upon and I am hoping you can direct me on a fix
even though this is a Linux question and sort of trivial.
The Environment is Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 (x86-64). I am configuring some
Linux servers for an oracle installation.
I noticed that after setting up the environments and user equivalence using
sshUserSetup.sh included in the 11.2.0.3 GI package, using ssh to log on to
another server succeeds but throws the following error after login:
-bash: [/bin/bash: no such file or directory
This problem does not happen when I log on to any users shell normally, it only
does using ssh to another server. I have checked the $PATH variables and
/etc/profile, the .bash_profile for all the users and all the servers.I also
tried loading the path variables in .bashrc. I have created another user afresh
and tested and it still gives the same error.
At a point I thought it was the "PermitUserEnvironment" directive in
sshd_config which was causing the problem and set it to "yes" but the problem
still persists.
I am at a loss to where this problem is coming from.Could it be an edit I made
or something wrong elsewhere?
Your keen eyes are needed.
Thanks in advance.