Re: Linux ssh Logon error prompt

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chinedui@xxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:07:02 +0100

Hi Ndidi,

On 20/12/2013 12:31, Ndidi Ibeachum wrote:
[...]
The Environment is Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 (x86-64). I am configuring some Linux servers for an oracle installation.

I noticed that after setting up the environments and user equivalence using sshUserSetup.sh included in the 11.2.0.3 GI package, using ssh to log on to another server succeeds but throws the following error after login:

/-bash: [/bin/bash: no such file or directory/

This problem does not happen when I log on to any users shell normally, it only does using ssh to another server. I have checked the $PATH variables and /etc/profile, the .bash_profile for all the users and all the servers.
I also tried loading the path variables in .bashrc.
I have created another user afresh and tested and it still gives the same error.

[...]

On the remote server I would check for:

1. chroot configuration in sshd_config.
2. The output of ldd /bin/bash for missing libraries.

Regards
Dimitre