Re: Licensing for Grid Control with out management packs

  • From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 23:20:02 +0530

Sorry for the confusion.I think below link explains that I was wrong:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11857_01/license.111/e11987/linux_support.htm#sthref384

   -

   Select the Preferences link on the Enterprise Manager Grid Control Hosts
   page. From the General Preferences list, selecting either Notification
   Rules orNotifications Public Rules, and then Create to create a
   notification rule, or selecting the Notification Schedules feature, are
   licensed activities of the Linux Management Pack.
   -

   Creating a notification rule that applies to a Linux host is a licensable
   feature of the Linux Management Pack.

Thanks,
Ravi.M