RE: Just my opinion - the move of MOS to Flash is still a bunch of crap

  • From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <don@xxxxxxxxx>, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:01:05 -0500

Not a good experience to use flash version to create a new SR. Very slow. I
prefer to use html version to create new SR and then use flash  version for
further updates.

Regards
Rafiq

From: don@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:21:53 -0600
Subject: Re: Just my opinion - the move of MOS to Flash is still a bunch of crap
To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
CC: tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes the HTML version seems pretty full now. For the longest time I couldn't
create new SRs with it, I would have to open the flash version to create the SR
and then go the HTML version to provide the remaining details, hoping it
wouldn't crash while in flash mode.

Don.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jared,

I haven't seen a need to use the Flash version of mos yet - I've always used
supporthtml.oracle.com since it was published ... and the experience isn't
worse than with the previous Metalink site... What (useful things) can the
Flash version do what the html version can't?

Initially and for some time after its introduction the HTML version
was missing some functionality.

That seems to have been rectified - HTML it is.

Jared

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us