Re: Downgrading Oracle RMAN catalog from 11.2 to 10.2

  • From: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: merchanti@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 20:49:45 -0600

I believe this is a known bug, search the list archives.
On Mar 2, 2011 12:12 PM, "Imtiaz Merchant" <merchanti@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just upgraded an RMAN catalog yesterday from 10.2 to 11.2 and the
backups were 20% slower overnight, so am suspecting the catalog version for
now. I updated the stats as well, but doesn't provide me with a good
estimate. I can do a restore of the database before the upgrade, but just
wanted to see if I could do it without a restore.

> Anybody have any experience having to downgrade a newer version RMAN
catalog to a lower version (ex. from 11.2 to 10.2, etc). Any ideas, how to
do that?