Re: Java vs. Perl

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:57:19 -0800

I cannot emphasize this enough:  do not use the Perl that is
installed with Oracle unless required. It is old, and key components
are missing.

Just go to www.perl.com, find the latest 5.8 version and install
it yourself.  For use with oracle install it under the $HOME
directory for Oracle.

If on win32, just install it on as an admin.

You will be much happier with it if you do.

Jared