Re: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

  • From: "Srinivas Chintamani" <srinivas.chintamani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Pintor" <painterman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:01:14 +0530

Hi,
The crashed database is deleted now and I only have the datafiles of the
crashed database somewhere on my filesystem.  What I am trying to do is to
find out if, it is possible to load the data from the datafiles of the
crashed database into another new database.

Earlier when working with SQL Server, it was simple to backup / restore the
db.  Just take a backup, dump the backup file anywhere on the filesystem and
point to SQL Server, where the backup file is at and it happily recovered
the db, all in a few seconds.

Wonder why restoring an oracle db is such a pain ...

Regards,
Srinivas.

--
Regards,