Re: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

  • From: "Srinivas Chintamani" <srinivas.chintamani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Toon Koppelaars" <toon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:32:32 +0530

"which refuses to start"
--> What is the error that you receive on startup?
blocks".

"The crashed database is deleted now and I only have the datafiles of the
crashed database somewhere on my filesystem"
--> If I read this carefully you are contradicting yourself here.... not?
just did a file system backup of all the files belonging to the crashed db
and later on went on to create a new db with the same name.  We couldn't
change the name of the db, because a lot of developers were on this crashed
db :(

Regards,
Srinivas.