Re: Is filesystemio_options relevant when the database is on ASM ?

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:29:32 -0600

On 16/10/2014 3:35 AM, Frits Hoogland wrote:
When using NFS underneath ASM, I've witnessed filesystemio_options being honoured by the database, which means it needs setting it to 'setall' for the combination AIO+DIO. Which makes sense, because you need to create a file on a (NFS) filesystem to be used as ASM disk device.
Then it becomes important to know which NFS?

I believe DNFS behaves different than standard NFSv3 which may be different again from NFSv4

/Hans