Re: Is filesystemio_options relevant when the database is on ASM ?

  • From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:44:32 +0200

Yes, DNFS has the database (processes) directly talking to the NFS server, so
it excludes a filesystem on the machine on which the database processes are
running.
Regular NFS means it's mounted as a filesystem on the server where the database
is running.
So yes, DNFS (probably, I can't test this) does not use filesystemio_options, I
found regular NFS to use filesystemio_options settings.

Frits Hoogland

http://fritshoogland.wordpress.com
frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx
Office : +31 20 5939953