Re: Installation of Oracle client for end users

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:56:27 -0400

I do both. For most applications I have windows client on shared drive.
For few end users/developers, I have client installed on individual PCs.

Thanks
Mayen

"Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jul 22 2008 11:45 AM
Please respond to
JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx

"oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-db-l"
<oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Installation of Oracle client for end users

Question, how are you rolling out the Oracle client software for your
windows end-users.

Are you installing the client software on the local PC and if so how?

Are you running the client software from a shared networked drive?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113