Re: Installation of Oracle client for end users

  • From: "Jason Heinrich" <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:13:51 -0500

OID can be used free of charge if it is used only for name resolution.  From
the "Special Use Licensing" section of the Licensing documentation (
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/license.102/b14199/editions.htm#
BABFGHDF):

A restricted-use license for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) is included
with all editions if users use the Directory Naming feature to configure
Oracle Net Services. OID may not be used or deployed for other uses.

--
Jason Heinrich