IMP-00020 info

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:45:59 -0400

List,
 I have an 8.1.7.4  OpenVMS server that I export some of the tables
from and import them into a RedHat AS2.1u3  9.2.0.5 database. I was
getting the IMP-00020 (long column to large for column buffer size)
error when I tried the import today.
Researching Metalink and trying thier resolutions did not work and I
still got the errors. DIRECT,RECORDLENGTH,BUFFER,COMMIT options of
different combinations still failed.
I have done the export/import combinations on these Oracle versions in
the past and all was successful.
I ftp'd the files from the OpenVMS server directly to the RedHat server
using the BINARY mode.
Reading the Metalink forum I noticed ONE small note that a user used to
sovle his problem...he ftp'd the files from the server to his pc and
then from the pc to another server...PROBLEM SOLVED. This is the normal
method I use but today I am trying to eliminate the pc in the middle.
 I used the server - pc - server method and all is well.

Ron