Re: IMP-00020 info

  • From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:49:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ron:

Like I said, I got lucky.

Unfortunately, I can rule out your 9.2.0.5 theory.  The problem first cropped
up for me in 9.2.0.1.  Two futile days prompted me to apply the 9.2.0.5 a
little earlier than scheduled (did I mention I was on our DEV system?).  I
think your first statement is highly accurate and appropriate for what we've
been seeing -- they don't really know what's causing it, so they can't really
recommend any one solution.  For all we know, several different scenarios fall
into the same trap, and throw the same error.

You gotta love this job!!!

Joe
P.S. The brew was my pleasure!
Ron Rogers <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joe,
I'm glad that you were able to isolate the problem with the exp/imp. I
tried the DIRECT,RECORDLENGTH, and others suggested by OWS in the
metelink search results. I still don't think they know what causes the
problem because there is no ONE answer to the problem.
The import is into an Oracle 9.2.0.5 database. Maybe that is the
problem? I first discovered the problem when the export size was over 60
meg.
Thanks for the brew,
Ron