Re: How to screw up DBUA inadvertently.

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:06:57 -0500 (CDT)

Norm!

> Turns out that I'd added a couple of SQL statements to glogin.sql:
>
> alter session set nls_date_format = 'dd/mm/yyyy hh24:mi:ss';
>
> Being one of them. This works perfectly while the database(s) are open
> but, if a database is shut, and you login as sysdba to start it, you
> still get glogin.sql executing, and because the database is down, the
> above SQL fails.
>
> DBUA picked up the failure and refused to carry on.

Funny, but I'm having a similar problem with EM 12c throwing errors on my
agents during the daily target discovery, supposedly because I have this in
my glogin.sql:

SET SQLPROMPT "SQL &_CONNECT_IDENTIFIER> "

MOS 459545.1 says to query V$DATABASE to set the prompt properly, but that
solution has tons of holes in it (e,g, DB not up, using "/nolog", connecting
user doesn't have access to V$DATABASE).

Hmmmm....

Having tested DBUA going from 10.1.0.5.0 to 11.2.0.3.0 on AIX, I can say
that my SQLPROMPT didn't cause it any issues -- that I know of!  ;)

Thanks Norm!

Rich