Re: Hotsos Training

  • From: japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:41:01 -0600

Jeff,
I haven't had a Hotsos class, but I can highly recommend Cary Millsap's
"Mastering Oracle Trace Data" class, which I took in October.  Cary
founded Hotsos, then moved on from there a while back to found Method-R.
It's a great class and the trace analysis and profiling tools Method-R
offers are super.
----
Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From:   Jeff Chirco <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   12/05/2012 01:40 PM
Subject:        Hotsos Training
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone taken a training class from Hotsos?  Specifically I am looking
at the Optimizing Oracle SQL, Intensive class.  Is this a good class, is
it for more advance DBA's?  I don't know if I will consider myself
advanced yet.  Is ready trace files a big or small part of it.  Thanks for
any input.