RE: Hotsos Training

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx" <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 15:14:10 -0600

I took the class several years ago.  I wouldn't call it advanced at all.  You
get the basics of different operations available to the optimizer to create new
row sources and you get the basics of how the optimizer chooses among those
operations.  At least that's how I remember it.  I use "basics" lightly.

There is no trace data coverage in the class.   Extended trace collection and
interpretation is a separate class.

I couldn't recommend the class enough if SQL performance interests you.

Karen Morton taught the class I attended.  She's an incredible instructor but
left Hotsos to work for Cary.  Not sure who all teaches the course now but I
can't imagine them offering anything but a very high quality course.

Jeebus I wish my current employer still valued employee education enough to
fund it.

Jealous,
Chris