EXP > 2GB

  • From: "John P Weatherman" <asahoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:56:36 -0500

All,

I have an export (9.2.0.4 on Solaris 9) that has recently grown beyond the
default exp 2GB filesize limit.  For the time being, I have implemented
exporting through a named pipe to generate the file "pre-compressed".  However,
I think I heard about there being a patch to relink exp to handle large file
sizes at some point.  I can't find anything on Google or Metalink right now.
Am I miss-remembering something or does somebody know about this/know where the
documentation is?

TIA,

John P Weatherman
Oracle Database Administrator