EMC Data Deduplication

  • From: Jason Khym <jrkhym@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:20:23 -0400

Thanks for the posts, some great information.   I am a new posting and
replying to the post but have been reading them for at least two
years.  I hope I am replying to these in the proper manner.

EMC Rep  told us the dedup device would present itself to RMAN as a
'TAPE' device.  Our current ATA SAN disks are 'DISK' devices in RMAN.
 Any perceived disadvantages to that? Sorry I am not an RMAN guru.