Re: Differences between Oracle and Progress, actually starting point for considering any migration from Oracle to anything else...

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ineyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

Igor

The OP specifically asked about the PROGRESS database (see www.progress.com),
not PostGres. To be specific, I think it is Progress OpenEdge RDBMS
http://www.progress.com/openedge/products/index.ssp (ie not ObjectStore, omne
of their more recent acquisitions).

Of course your references and comments are entirely valid for the second part
of his question "any migration from Oracle to anything else..."

Regards Nigel