Re: Datagaurd without catalog database

  • From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:41:41 +0530

Hello,

Recovery catalog of course it is for repository of backup information.  It's
easy to restore and recovery by using catalog repository in case of database
complete unavailable.

I won't say as wrong configuration if you won't configure recovery catalog.

Still you can configure both primary and standby with recovery catalog but
ensure you do resync catalog every time before backup so that backup failure
chances will be less when new datafile added on primary database.

Sent from iPhone