Re: Datagaurd without catalog database

  • From: Fred Habash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 22:14:18 -0500

I also would like to ask why a recovery catalog needed at all. We do it all
the time, restore standby backups, recover, then activate using standby CF.
With primary CF, I can do a full recovery using ORLs and open normal. But
this is not necessary.
Give me when scenario where a backup on the standby does not protect you
from assuming there are no gaps in log shipping.

--------
Thank you.