Re: Datafiles transportation from solaris to linux

  • From: Scott <oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:00:21 -0800 (PST)

My bad Tanel. You are correct.

SQL> alter tablespace REPOSIT read only;
      Tablespace altered.

rac10g$ exp userid=\'/ as sysdba\'
transport_tablespace=y tablespaces=reposit
file=tts.dmp log=exp_tts.log statistics=none

Export: Release 10.1.0.1.0 - Beta on Mon Feb 2
19:10:49 2004

      Note: table data (rows) will not be exported
      About to export transportable tablespace
metadata...
      For tablespace REPOSIT ...
      . exporting cluster definitions
      . exporting table definitions
      . . exporting table
MTG_COL_DEP_CHG
      . . exporting table
MTG_DATABASES
      . . exporting table
SYBASE11_SYSUSERS
      . exporting referential integrity constraints
      . exporting triggers
      . end transportable tablespace metadata export
      Export terminated successfully without warnings.

SQL> select PLATFORM_ID , PLATFORM_NAME from
v$database;

          PLATFORM_ID PLATFORM_NAME
          ----------- ------------------------------
                    2 Solaris[tm] OE (64-bit)

rac10g$ rman target=/

    Recovery Manager: Release 10.1.0.1.0 - 64bit Beta
    connected to target database: V101B2
(DBID=3287908659)

    RMAN> convert tablespace 'REPOSIT'
    2>  to platform="Linux IA (32-bit)"
    3>
db_file_name_convert='/home/beta10g/datafile/reposit01.dbf',
    4>                       '/tmp/reposit01.dbf';

    Starting backup at 02-FEB-04
    using target database controlfile instead of
recovery catalog
    allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
    channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=8 devtype=DISK
    channel ORA_DISK_1: starting datafile conversion
    input datafile fno=00006
name=/home/beta10g/datafile/reposit01.dbf
    converted datafile=/tmp/reposit01.dbf
    channel ORA_DISK_1: datafile conversion complete,
elapsed time: 00:00:01
    Finished backup at 02-FEB-04

rac10g$ ftp raclinux1
raclinux1 FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2(1) Thu Jan 16
11:40:04 MST 2003) ready
Name (raclinux1:ora10b):
331 Password required for ora10b.
Password:
230 User root logged in.
ftp> put tts.dmp
200 PORT command successful.
150 Binary data connection for tts.dmp
(192.168.1.11,55812).
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> put tts.dmp
200 PORT command successful.
150 Binary data connection for tts.dmp
(192.168.1.11,55812).
226 Transfer complete.
ftp>  lcd /tmp
Local directory now /tmp
ftp> put reposit01.dbf
200 PORT command successful.
150 Binary data connection for tts.dmp
(192.168.1.11,55812).
226 Transfer complete.

-- Now on Linux node

$ imp userid=\'/ as sysdba\' TRANSPORT_TABLESPACE=Y
datafiles=/tmp/reposit01.dbf file=tts.dmp
log=imp_tts.log

      Import: Release 10.1.0.1.0 - Beta on Mon Feb 2
17:30:20 2004

      Export file created by EXPORT:V10.01.00 via
conventional path
      About to import transportable tablespace(s)
metadata...
      . importing SYS's objects into SYS
      . importing OMWB's objects into OMWB
      . . importing table
"MTG_COL_DEP_CHG"
      . . importing table
"SYBASE11_SYSUSERS"
      Import terminated successfully without warnings.

SQL> alter tablespace reposit read write;
      Tablespace altered.

Scott

--- Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could you point me where is it stated, that
> crossplatform TTS isn't supported without ASM?
> This command is issued on a database which uses
> datafiles only on regular filesystem:
>
> RMAN> convert tablespace users to platform
> 'Solaris[tm] OE (64-bit)' format 'C:\temp\TS%U';
>
> Starting backup at 03.02.2004
> using channel ORA_DISK_1
> channel ORA_DISK_1: starting datafile conversion
> input datafile fno=00005
> name=C:\ORACLE\ORA10G\OG\USERS01.DBF
> converted

datafile=C:\TEMP\TSDATA_D-OG_I-3166553244_TS-USERS_FNO-5_01FD4V6D