RE: DataGuard

  • From: "Laimutis Nedzinskas" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:41:52 -0000

>From: Boris Dali [mailto:boris_dali@xxxxxxxx]
>If it's the latter (which I suspect was your question) than I don't see
- at least in theory (i.e. no bugs) - how can this occur.

Regarding FSFO:

Primary db's network cable unplugged.
FSFO happens(?) - it should, this is the whole idea of it.
Primary db's network cable plugged.

We have 2 databases up and running, haven't we?
I may only assume that as soon as DG has connections it may start
shutdowning databases. The question is how long it will take for the DG
to resolve this situation and if it is possible for some clients to get
into the first primary database during that time.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer