Re: DBCA error while creating a 2nd database on RAC cluster

  • From: "Ravi Gaur" <ravigaur1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:04:50 -0500

Alex,

After getting tired of trying out different things, we thought to remove the
database and ASM instance and recreate it. The remove database went fine but
ASM removal is still a pain. We have an open SR with Oracle on this issue
and a solution is still far sighted.
My colleague Charles Schultz has another thread on this forum on this issue
titled "srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214"

Thanks for all your suggestions, however,

- Ravi

On 7/24/07, Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So here is the logic - you ASM is up but dbca doesn't see it.
If I recall correctly, it contacts ASM via listener so you want to make
sure that your ASM instances are registered with listeners and have password
file set/created. Perhaps, you could find sqlnet.log file created with
connection error. Check that you have listener running and etc.

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com