Re: srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:14:27 -0400

Bill (or William?),

srvctl for CRS home should manage resources related to CRS home - VIP, ONS, GSD.
srvctl from Oracle home should manage resources from Oracle home -
ASM, Listener, Service, Database, Instance.
I had all kind fancy problems using wrong srvctl in the past asd I
remember that I figured that out when I started research log files to
troubleshoot - I was finding logs in wrong oracle homes.

Regarding tracing - unfortunately, I don't have any references - I
haven't seen it documented anywhere.

Cheers,
Alex

On 7/24/07, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex,

I am curious to know the reason behind the suggestion that srvctl be run
form the Oracle home and not the CRS home. Logically it makes sense but
I am interested in knowing what possible problems might be caused by
running it form the CRS home.

I would also be interested in any documentation you can reference re
tracing the CRSOCR and CRSRES modules.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
(530) 754-6208

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com