RE: DB Movement from Sun to AIX ?

  • From: "David Wendelken" <davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:43:35 -0400

Someone was posting earlier about an upgrade problem with changing character
sets when switching to a new oracle database.  It seemed that the
import/export process was a big part of the problem, that internally, Oracle
was ok about 8-bit characters in an ascii database.

I wonder if this approach would help get around that...