Re: Conceptually cloning an oracle home

  • From: "Jack van Zanen" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:13:05 +1000

opatch lsinventory  list the one of patches and cpu patches that have been
installed on top of whatever version of oracle. has nothing to do with the
database options.

If you need the Oracle homes to be exactly the same I think you need to
install the correct oracle version you want and work your way through the
list of OPATCH LSINVENTORY  and install them all.

Sounds like a very tedious job to me whichever way you look at it and after
going through such an exercise and still be on 10.1 sounds to me like a
waste of time. BUT if the people that sign the check want this and can not
be convinced otherwsie.........

Jack

--
J.A. van Zanen