Re: Conceptually cloning an oracle home

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:01:45 -0400

So... on my Linux environment 10.2. (I had to install 10.1.0.3) the clone went perfectly. Cloned both versions using the same document Seems to me like one can clone in 1/2 the time it takes to do an install :)

Opatch finds it in the inventory, lists everything correctly... Very cool

Now, I must introduce this (sell it) to the political arena, the next level... known as work...

From here it looks  good though

Thanks!
Bob

S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 09:07 -0400, Bob wrote:
Sounds good, Ill try that today on my home Linux environment and see
what happens. I searched previously for cloning on metalink and all

The Metalink search engine leaves a lot to be desired.

 the docs came back for information 10.2 or greater. If this works
smoothly, it could be very good.

It went very well for me.  No problems I can recall.  And I had a
limited time to clone the home, and patch 2 servers.

Thanks

You're welcome.