Re: Changing System Clock

  • From: "Dennis Heisler" <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:24:06 -0700

Jeremy,

There should be no problem changing the system clock while Oracle is
running.  Oracle records its changes via the SCN.  The only issue would
be if you had to do a point in time recovery for the time period where
the clock changed.  In that case, you'd have to recover using SCN
instead of time.

If you have Metalink access, take a look at note 1013279.6, "How does
daylight savings time affect the database?"

Dennis