Re: Changing System Clock

  • From: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:42:10 -0400

While Oracle does not care about time changes, cluster daemons do - so
if you're running veritas, RAC, 10g RAC, etc. do not use ntpdate to
change your time.

If you use standard ntpd, it does not change the time, but rather will
slow down or speed up the time very slowly over the course of many
hours or days until the time is in sync.  Ntpdate is useful for
initially setting the time, but you should use ntpd to keep the clocks
constantly in sync.

Thanks,
Matt

--