Re: Chained vs. migrated rows - Any easy way to tell the difference?

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 19:08:31 -0700

Joel,

I think the question you have to first answer is this: What are the
specific SQL statements that are causing increments in the 'table
fetch continued row' statistic? If you don't, then you run the risk of
re-org'ing a set of objects that have a large count per CHAIN_CNT data
while not solving the actual issue. To do this, you will need to track
this statistic from V$SESSTAT, grab those sessions, and trace a bunch
of them to determine the SQLs, figure out the tables they are hitting
and *then* look into whether and how much they are contributing to
this statistic. (I have seen some related issues  in heavy PL/SQL
package based applications such as E-Biz Suite, where some of this
could also come from internal recursive SQL from the IDL_%$ tables -
don't have access to that particular app now.. Couldn't do anything
because this was Oracle Internal tables)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj