Calculating archivedlog file size per day

  • From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:11:13 -0500

Hi:

I want to calculate archivedlog file size per day to estimate backup
storage area for the database which is currently operating in
NOARCHIVELOG MODE. My redo log filesize is 100MB and below is the
query.

select trunc(FIRST_TIME),count(*)*100 size_in_MB
from gv$loghist
group by  trunc(FIRST_TIME);

If the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode, then I can use the below query
to calculate the same (of course I can check file system)

select trunc(COMPLETION_TIME),count(*)*100 size_in_MB
from gv$archived_log
group by  trunc(COMPLETION_TIME);

Just wanted to verify.