Re: Calculating archivedlog file size per day

  • From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:28:57 -0500

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your response.

For each log switch there is one record count in gv$loghist view. So
in a given day
if I have 5 records in this view then there 5 log switch happened.
Count(*)=5
Each Log file size=100MB
So total redo generated= 5*100=500MB

So I have to MULTIPLY.

Yes. I am just trying to calculate approx size(ignoring manual log
switch and db shutdown,etc) to get an estimate.

Correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks again.
-Sami