Re: Audit for program at login time

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:56:50 +0200

If you use login trigger to insert the values into your table,
do not forget to use: pragma autonomous transaction.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Mary Elizabeth McNeely wrote:
Hello all,

I am tasked with auditing who accesses the database with what program (equivalent of
v$session.program) upon database login.  I can get everything I want into the audit trail
by using "audit connect", except the equivalent of v$session.program.

(a) Does anyone know of a supported way to push the program information into
sys.aud$, and if not,

(b) Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this other than a login trigger?
Any sample code available?

Thanks in advance for any hints you can offer.

Mary Elizabeth McNeely