Re: Async_io set up HP-UX for 10g Instances(these are apps instances)

  • From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwin devadanam <edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 04:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

If the /dev/async file exists (for whatever reason), then you won't see those
trace
files.
Also, there is no error reported if d_a_i is left to TRUE. It just creates
those pesky
trace files. I have seen those files and had to change d_a_i on our HP boxes as
we chose
not to create /dev/async file.

Regards,

- Kirti

--- edwin devadanam <edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In one of our recently(almost a month) upgraded apps instance from 9.2.0.5 to
> 10.2.0.2,we left disk_async_io=true but we dont get any errors related to
> note:394870.1,though i believe and as discussed that HP-UX(jfs) doesnt have
> asynchronous I/O.
>   still today its set as disk_async_io=true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>   isnt this note puts us in little confusion?
>
>   Regards,
>   Edwin.K
>

> Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I am not sure, if anyone mentioned ML#394870.1.
> In 10.2.0.2+ on HP-UX PA-RISC - Disk Aynch I/O is enabled by default (or
> mistake).
> If /dev/async file is not found (most likely not), you will see a number of
> little
> trace
> files with a message stating as such. DISK_ASYNCH_IO must be manually set to
> FALSE to
> stop the generation of these trace files.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Kirti
>
> --- LS Cheng wrote:
>
> > Simulate, not AIO!
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > LSC
> >

> > On 8/6/07, edwin devadanam wrote:
> > >
> > > Cheng,
> > >
> > > metalink note: 47328.1 says:
> > > If you set DISK_ASYNCH_IO to false, then you should also set
> > > DBWR_IO_SLAVES to a value
> > > other than its default of zero in order to simulate asynchronous I/O.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Edwin.K

> Got a little couch potato?
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz
>
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

> Got a little couch potato?

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/