RE: An Oracle Utilities Pocket Reference?

  • From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:56:05 -0500

I have seven of the O'Reilly Pocket References. Most I don't use very often.
I like the newest SQL*Plus reference because it was expanded enough to make
it useful. I believe you wrote that. The first edition was good but the
second edition is excellent.

In general, the Pocket References just don't give information that can't be
obtained through -help. They should, IMHO, include truly useful tips and
traps, and be organized in a way that makes finding what you need useful.
Also include a tear-out reference of most used parameters, etc., and you
could have a very good thing.

I have Dave Moore's book on Oracle Utilities, which I think is good so far.
However, there is a place for what you want to do if you write it as well as
you did your SQL*Plus Pocket Reference and include tips not in the -help.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Milligan
Oracle Certified Professional DBA