Re: ASMM

  • From: Dragutin Jastrebic <orahawk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 21:59:21 +0200

=>
I am finding that my Library Cache Get hit Ratio % is hovering around 50-60
percent.   I am running AMM and I set
the memory_target twice what it was and still no relief…..

Brian
<=

Hello

I remember that I have faced a strange behaviour with 10g and SGA_target on
one or even two projects.
Oracle was constantly resizing the shared_pool and the buffer_cache and
this shrink-grow activity between the two was
constantly eliminating some queries from the shared_pool, lowering the
library cache hit ratio.
The view that shows  this shrink-grow behaviour inside the SGA is
v$sga_resize_ops.
It was couple of years ago so hopefully this behaviour is improved with new
patches/versions of Oracle, however
maybe you can still check this.

HTH

Dragutin