Re: ASM and RAW Devices on RHEL 4

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:15:48 +0100

I also couldn't find any info on why would I want to use ASMLib
instead of standard Linux raw-devices. If anyone has some facts and/or
documents, please share with us.

So far I only found Jared's comment in "Adventures in ASM" article:
"Some preliminary testing (admittedly, on a single machine so far)
indicates that the of ASMLib I/O may cost a significant I/O penalty.
You will need to test this on your own system to determine if this is
so for you."

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev