RE: A good xwin server?

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx'" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:53:13 -0400

I believe this is an issue with windows 7 64 bit. There seems to be a lot of
context switching involved with running a 32bit app under Windows7 64bit using
Wow64:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64

A forum post relating to 32bit performance on this platform:

http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64-bit-vs-32-bit-t484.html

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG