A good xwin server?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:46:46 -0500

Has anyone found a reasonably fast xwindows server?  On my 32 bit windows xp
virtual machine I can get the oui to work reasonably fast, even connecting
to a data center 4 states away to do an install using putty and cygwin.  But
when I run the OUI (or asmca or dbca for that matter) directly on my
desktop,which is windows 7 64 bit, and connecting initially with putty, its
just dog slow on cygwin or xming.   Is there a faster xserver out there for
windows 64?  Or maybe the problem is with windows 7 64 bit?

--
Andrew W. Kerber