Re: 9iRAC or 10GRAC?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:09:32 +0000

On 01/26/2005 09:25:45 PM, Connor McDonald wrote:
> I read somewhere recently (apologies to whoever wrote it for the lack
> of acknowledgement) that the
> dynamic remastering was a lot better in 10g.  Theoretically that
> should give better performance
> for those apps that run on rac that were never meant to run on =20
> rac :-)

Oracle applications that are not meant to run on RAC? Are there such =20
creatures? Oracle is pushing RAC for everything. I recently complained =20
about my sinuses to Oracle sales person and he told me that my sinuses =20
would stop hurting me if only I was running RAC. If you listen to =20
Oracle, RAC is the answer to the question of life, universe and =20
everything - and with 42 nodes. Allegedly Oracle Corp. is building a =20
cluster called "Deep Thought" which will be able to figure out what =20
exactly the question is. The only things needed to manage the incoming =20
releases of the database will be a towel and the guide.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA