RE: 12c pluggable database shared SGA question

  • From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx" <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>, "sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx" <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:56:28 +0000

Seth, AHA!  You just supported my argument.

You would NOT put a heavy DSS type application in the same database as a heavy
OLTP application.  And by application, you can assume ‘schema’.  These are two
entirely different beasts with entirely different tuning challenges/strategies.
 So, to follow, you would not put a DSS PDB in the same CDB as a OTLP PDB.
Correct?

Yet, that is EXACTLY what Oracle is proposing with their promotional materials,
and NOWHERE does it explain the ‘sharing’ aspect of the CDB/PDBs.  You have to
dive much deeper to get this info.

Bad Oracle. Bad boy.