11gR2 RAC Network Failure - Timeout

  • From: Purav Chovatia <puravc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:06:06 +0530

Hi,
On a 11gR2 RAC setup, after public network failure on one of the
nodes, what is timeout for the VIP to failover to a surviving node?

We carried out some tests by pulling out the cable for public network from
one of the nodes, and from orarootagent_root logs, we see that its always
the 41st second at which it starts failing (stopping) the ora.net1.network
resource on the failing node and in another couple of seconds, the VIP
resource is available on the surviving node.

Is there any crsctl (crsctl status resource ora.net1.network -f does not
show) or srvctl or any other command to display this timeout?
Is this timeout modifiable? i.e. can the VIP be made to failover sooner to
the surviving node?

Thanks.