Re: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages? anybody successful ?

  • To: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:30:04 -0500

Ensure that you are starting the instance as the oracle user. Review your
memlock settings in /etc/security/limits.conf so that only oracle can lock
this mem.

There is no "if" here. You MUST set memory_max_target to 0, as well as
memory_target, if you hope to use HugePages at all. If you don't, Oracle
will not use them and then you'll be using the unreserved memory, of which
there is probably not much left, which is (again probably) why you are out
of memory here. The bulk of your memory is reserved in HugePages but Oracle
is trying to use the remainder.

Don.