RE: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages? anybody successful ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:36:46 -0400

I am using 64 bit- in fact, I wonder if the kernel type has anything to
do with my issues.  In Red Hat 4, I think the hugemem kernel was
required to get support beyond 16gb.  I am not sure what kernel versions
are available for 64 bit Red Hat 5.  Here is my kernel type-

2.6.18-164.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 9 03:27:37 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux